Here in beautiful Syracuse and upstate New York, you will find many overseas Chinese from mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong or other regions of the Orient, who are here to work and raise a family or to pursue higher education and advanced study. As a group of Chinese Christians who have received grace from Jesus Christ, we are called to be a witness and to share the wonderful gospel news about the salvation of Jesus Christ who loves you and the whole world. The Syracuse Chinese Christian Church was formally incorporated on June 11, 2012, with the support and in partnership with Eastern Hills Bible Church in Manlius, a suburb of Syracuse, so that we can worship and serve Jesus as Lord as well as to grow and love one another in His grace.
The purpose of the Syracuse Chinese Christian Church (SCCC) is to worship God through Lord Jesus Christ according to the teachings of His Word as revealed in the Bible, to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to all Chinese in our community and participate in global outreach, and to build up the body of Christ through caring, service, Bible study, prayer and fellowship in love and unity.
Statement of Faith:
1. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the HolySpirit, was born of the virgin Mary, and in Him perfect humanity and undiminished deity are united forever. We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was raised from the dead three days later, ascended bodily into the presence of God in Heaven, and lives there now to intercede on our behalf.
3. We believe in the divine inspiration of the original writings of the Old and New Testaments, and we believe that they are of supreme and final authority for faith and life.
4. We believe that man was created by God and in God’s image. We believe that man sinned by disobeying God and thus incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and physical death. We believe that man is affected by this sin in such a way that no human being on his own has any merit before God.
5. We believe that the death and resurrection of JesusChrist took place so that man might be reconciled unto God. We believe that anyone who believes in Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord receives right standing before God and eternal life. We believe that a true believer, once saved, will be kept in his salvation by the power of God forever.
6. We believe that the church consists of all Christians with Christ as the head. We believe that the purpose of the Church is to glorify God by drawing together, through world-wide proclamation of the Word ofGod, all who believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and by building up each Christian so that he/she becomes progressively Christ-like. We believe that each Christian has at least one specific gift given by the Holy Spirit and one or more specific positions of service to God. Each gift and position is necessary for fulfilling the purpose of the Church. We believe that groups of local Christians should meet together regularly for worship, study, service and fellowship.
7. We believe that there are two ordinances: baptism by immersion following conversion, and the Lord’s supper.
8. We believe in the imminent and personal return of Jesus Christ as King of kings and Lord of lords. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved and the unsaved. We believe in the final judgment and the eternal reign of Jesus Christ.